Re: [Evolution-hackers] stacktraces, debug: How to link evolution with debug version of glib, gtk on ubuntu karmic

Heya :)

On 24.12.2009 20:43, Thomas Mittelstaedt wrote:
> I try to get glib debug information for the glib libraries in backtraces
> on ubuntu karmic. Even though I installed the debug packages, gdb does
> not pick up the non-stripped library:

Sounds like a bug to me.
How do you know it doesn't pick the debug symbols up though?

> Do I have to build glib myself and install it in the
> same prefix as evolution?
Doesn't really matter where you install it, as long as the non-stripped
binaries get pulled. Thus, you need to tell the linker to use the new
library, i.e. with LD_LIBRARY_PATH or LD_PRELOAD.

HTH,
  Tobi