Re: [Evolution-hackers] Programmatically Invoking Contact Editor

On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 11:08 -0700, Kip Warner wrote:
> I have a pointer to an EContact in an application I am working on and
> I'd like to progmatically invoke the contact editor GUI in Evolution
> with this EContact loaded in it.
>
> Can this be done, and if so, what steps are required? I took a look at
> the Evolution API reference and I could find a lot on the EDS aspect,
> but nothing on interacting with the GUI itself.

In theory you should be able to pass the EContact's URI as a
command-line option to Evolution to invoke the editor, but I'm not
certain if this works at the moment.

Looking at the code that handles the URI, it seems to expect a
contact:// scheme and "source-uid" and "contact-uid" parameters, but I
don't have an example handy.  Hopefully the EContact's URI gives you
something close to that form.  You'll have to play around with it.

Matthew Barnes