Re: [Evolution-hackers] Running Evolution offline.....

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 11:08 +0530, svalbard colaco wrote:
> According to ur suggestion How do i modify the "command" property of
> Evolution panel launcher to "evolution --offline" ? I dont have a
> clear undersatnding in this....can you elaborate?

Right-click on the launcher and select "Properties".  You'll see an
editable field labeled "Command".

> Is there any thing in the code that can be modified so that a set the
> application to offline always before i close the application ,
> irrespective of what was the user state before closing ?? This would
> really help...I actually need to set the state to offline before
> closing.

I don't know of an automated way of doing that.  Syncing the local cache
for offline usage can sometimes take awhile, so I don't think we want to
trigger that when you tell Evolution to close or else it may appear that
the application is hung.  Best to just click the connector icon in the
lower left corner when you're done and close the application when the
syncing is complete.

Matthew Barnes