Re: [Evolution-hackers] Running Evolution offline.....

Hi Matthews,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

According to ur suggestion How do i modify the "command" property of  Evolution panel launcher to "evolution --offline" ? I dont have a clear undersatnding in this....can you elaborate?

Is there any thing in the code that can be modified so that a set the application to offline always before i close the application ,
irrespective of what was the user state before closing ?? This would really help...I actually need to set the state to offline before closing.

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks & Regards
sv.

Awaiting your reply;
On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 8:46 PM, Matthew Barnes <mbarnes redhat com> wrote:
On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 19:42 +0530, svalbard colaco wrote:
> If i run ./evolution --offline ; i needed to Know what is the Macro or
> a variable that gets set to keep this offline state, when i run
> it...and in which file it gets stored??

It's stored in GConf under /apps/evolution/shell/start_offline.  It
retains the offline state from when you last closed Evolution.  But I
believe the --offline option was broken for awhile.  It's since been
fixed, but you may be using a version with it still broken (I don't know
what version the breakage was introduced).

Assuming that's not the case, if you want to force Evolution to always
start in offline mode, I suggest modifying the "command" property of
your Evolution panel launcher to "evolution --offline".

Hope this helps,
Matthew Barnes