Re: [Evolution-hackers] Running Evolution offline.....

On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 19:42 +0530, svalbard colaco wrote:
> If i run ./evolution --offline ; i needed to Know what is the Macro or
> a variable that gets set to keep this offline state, when i run
> it...and in which file it gets stored??

It's stored in GConf under /apps/evolution/shell/start_offline.  It
retains the offline state from when you last closed Evolution.  But I
believe the --offline option was broken for awhile.  It's since been
fixed, but you may be using a version with it still broken (I don't know
what version the breakage was introduced).

Assuming that's not the case, if you want to force Evolution to always
start in offline mode, I suggest modifying the "command" property of
your Evolution panel launcher to "evolution --offline".

Hope this helps,
Matthew Barnes