Re: [Evolution-hackers] massive e-d-s memory leak persuit ...

Michael,

On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 17:46 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
>    1666 -CONTACT-UID
>    1666 -NAME
>    1736         ION-DEST-NAME
>    1894 OLUTION-BOOK-URI
>    2100 -EMAIL
>    2184         ION-DEST-EMAIL
>    2318 OLUTION-FILE-AS
>    2506 OLUTION-LIST
>    2992 ION-LIST
>    3058 comp
>    3321         OLUTION-DEST-EMAIL
>    3329         OLUTION-DEST-CONTACT-UID
>    3993         OLUTION-DEST-NAME
>    4534 pwise://mmeeks prv1-3 novell com/;Novell GroupWise Address Book
>    5343 BEGIN:VCARD
>    5372 ION-DEST-EMAIL
>    5504 END:VCARD
>    5505 VERSION:3.0
>    6786 ION-DEST-NAME
>    8606 para
>   12739 ION-DEST-CONTACT-UID
>   13642 OLUTION-DEST-CONTACT-UID
>   18082 OLUTION-DEST-NAME
>   19252 OLUTION-DEST-EMAIL
>   21991 prop

The majority of those are from the contacts component, but because they
are truncated in some form I think they are left overs from previous
allocations.  I thought I'd fixed all of the major leaks in the
addressbook libraries, but maybe some new ones got introduced.  That
said the ATTENDEE field is from the calendar part, which I have never
really looked at.

If you can replicate this massive memory usage, could you run e-d-s in
massif?

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./