[Evolution-hackers] massive e-d-s memory leak persuit ...

Hi dudie,

	So - I started to look at the e-d-s memory explosion situation quickly,
took a nice dump from gdb, ran strings on it and the heap has a ton of
strings around the place (as you would expect) - [ currently running at
only ~60Mb

strings /tmp/eds-heap | sort | uniq -c | sort -n

gives me:

   1666 -CONTACT-UID
   1666 -NAME
   1736         ION-DEST-NAME
   1894 OLUTION-BOOK-URI
   2100 -EMAIL
   2184         ION-DEST-EMAIL
   2318 OLUTION-FILE-AS
   2506 OLUTION-LIST
   2992 ION-LIST
   3058 comp
   3321         OLUTION-DEST-EMAIL
   3329         OLUTION-DEST-CONTACT-UID
   3993         OLUTION-DEST-NAME
   4534 pwise://mmeeks prv1-3 novell com/;Novell GroupWise Address Book
   5343 BEGIN:VCARD
   5372 ION-DEST-EMAIL
   5504 END:VCARD
   5505 VERSION:3.0
   6786 ION-DEST-NAME
   8606 para
  12739 ION-DEST-CONTACT-UID
  13642 OLUTION-DEST-CONTACT-UID
  18082 OLUTION-DEST-NAME
  19252 OLUTION-DEST-EMAIL
  21991 prop
  32508 ATTENDEE;CUTYPE=INDIVIDUAL;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;
  40253         pA,

	Where the first column is the count ... 32508 copies of that ATTENDEE
string seems a little excessive, as do the (apparently mangled?)
OLUTION-DEST-... strings.

	Does that provide any insight wrt. code to audit for this huge leak ?
apparently it afflicts everything from SLED10-SP1 onwards. Also - in
general to reduce the (high) e-d-s memory usage, should we be using
GQuarks for some of these field names as we store them ?

	Thanks,

		Michael.

--
 michael meeks novell com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot