[Evolution-hackers] massive e-d-s memory leak persuit ...
- From: Michael Meeks <michael meeks novell com>
- To: Srinivasa Ragavan <SRagavan novell com>
- Cc: evolution <evolution-hackers gnome org>
- Subject: [Evolution-hackers] massive e-d-s memory leak persuit ...
- Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 17:46:15 +0000
So - I started to look at the e-d-s memory explosion situation quickly,
took a nice dump from gdb, ran strings on it and the heap has a ton of
strings around the place (as you would expect) - [ currently running at
strings /tmp/eds-heap | sort | uniq -c | sort -n
4534 pwise://mmeeks prv1-3 novell com/;Novell GroupWise Address Book
Where the first column is the count ... 32508 copies of that ATTENDEE
string seems a little excessive, as do the (apparently mangled?)
Does that provide any insight wrt. code to audit for this huge leak ?
apparently it afflicts everything from SLED10-SP1 onwards. Also - in
general to reduce the (high) e-d-s memory usage, should we be using
GQuarks for some of these field names as we store them ?
michael meeks novell com <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
] [Thread Prev