Re: [Evolution-hackers] Current issues with Evolution 2.12 / Exchange [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 01:02 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
> > 478151: I lose the ability to see older messages in my Exchange inbox

> Here's a question: did you notice what was the earliest visible email?
> It sounds almost impossible to believe but EVERY time this happens to me
> it happens the same way: all the mail in my Inbox before July 01, 2007
> becomes invisible.  It doesn't seem to matter how many emails I have in
> my inbox after that, it's always that day.  I've even deleted some of
> the mail in early July and late June but it still happened the same way.

I only have 1 message before July 01 (I religiously archive old mail)
but I couldn't see ANY message in my INBOX not even the one from June.
Plus, this is the first time I've ever seen this happen. So it could be
a different problem with the same solution. :-)

> > > 442098: Folder list shows I have new Exchange mail, but it doesn't
> > > appear in the summary

> This used to happen very repeatably: I just had to visit my local Inbox
> or my local Junk folder and *bang*, no new mail would show up in the
> Exchange inbox.
>
> Now, it's not so easy; I think it might only be happening with the Junk
> folder now.

I can recreate it every single time by going to the Unread Mail search
folder. As a test I just deleted the search folder (in Evolution, not in
the shell) and recreated it and now the problem has gone away! So my
money is on some sort of corrupted config file somewhere. Argh!

--
         Shane McEwan - Bureau of Meteorology - Cape Grim BAPS
         Don't anthropomorphise computers, they don't like it!