Re: [Evolution-hackers] Synching Evolution/GNOME version

On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 12:53 +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 11:31 +0000, Srinivasa Ragavan wrote:
> > There have been many requests regarding syncing the versions of
> > Evolution (currently 2.12) and GNOME (2.20). I feel that it would be
> > fine, if we just sync the minor versions.
> >
> > Evolution 2.22
> > GtkHTML 3.22
> > Evolution Data Server 1.22
> > Evolution Exchange 2.22
>
> I'd like to see EDS synced completely to 2.22.

And while we're at it, can we please drop the meaningless -1.2 suffix
from the library names (e.g. libedataserver-1.2.so)?  As far as I can
tell this is just an artifact from an age before the EDS sonames were
properly versioned.

Applications that link to E-D-S would have to be recompiled obviously,
but as long as they're using pkgconfig correctly they should not require
any code changes (I think).

Now is the perfect time to drop it if we're ever going to.

Matthew Barnes