[Evolution-hackers] SyncML for mail (was: Re: automated testing of Evolution data server with SyncEvolution)

On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 14:49 +0200, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-10-15 at 22:57 +0200, Patrick Ohly wrote:
>
> > I have not mentioned it on this list before, so before I come to the
> > real reason for this email let me introduce it briefly: SyncEvolution[1]
> > is a SyncML client that I wrote to synchronize address books, calendars
> > and tasks list between Evolution and mobile devices or Evolution
> > instances on different computers.
>
> This might be interesting for tinymail too. Especially synchronising
> E-mail to a local mbox or Maildir on a flashdisk and/or over GPRS,
> Bluetooth or whatever in some efficient bandwidth saving way (as some
> can become expensive per amount of MB, like GPRS).

Funambol, the company behind the GPL SyncML C++ client library that I
use and to some extend help to improve, is working on push mail via
SyncML. None of this has been tested with Linux clients yet, though.

> Maybe we should exchange ideas and discuss how we can make the user
> experience of both the developer and end-user even better sooner or
> later?

Definitely, but right now I am pretty loaded with work and won't have
time for an in-depth discussion. Please, lets defer it a bit. Depending
on how Evolution specific the discussion would be the Funambol
developers list might be a better place, too.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly