Re: [Evolution-hackers] what's the f unction of RECURRENCE-ID

 Yes, I got it. When an instance of an repeating event needs to be modified instead of the whole set of the events, the RECURRENCE-ID is useful. In other word,
 "To reschedule an event to a set of explicit dates/times but not replace the set with a new rule pattern, the sender shuld send a set of components with RECURRENCE-ID being set in each to handle the explicit override of the rule's date/time."
 It seems that the libical doesn't provide the interface to remove an instance of a repeating event from the backend. Is that right?

在2006-11-15,"Jules Colding" 写道:
On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 10:39 +0800, yanglin wrote:
>  Hi,
>
> The rfc2445 has the definition of RECURRENCE-ID, and the libical
> provides the interface:
> "icalcomponent_get_recurrenceid ( )".  The rid can be used in the
> function "e_cal_get_object ( )" to specify the rid of the
> icalcomponent. But the libical doesn't provide example of the usage of
> RECURRENCE-ID. I'm puzzled by the functions of RECURRENCE-ID.
> Rfc2445 has provided the recurrence component properties like
> recurrence rule, recurrence date/time, Exception rule...
> These are enough to describe a repeating component.
> Can anybody give me a use case that the RECURRENCE-ID must be used?

The recurrence ID is the ID of a specific occurrence.

HTH,
  jules

K a p p a \ A N D 1 \ R e e b o k 全 长 场 9 9 元
耐 克 \ 阿 迪 \ 李 宁 … 所 有 运 动 单 品 1 9 9 元 封 顶 , 限 时 抢 购 啦 !