[Evolution-hackers] what's the function of RECURRENCE-ID

 Hi,

The rfc2445 has the definition of RECURRENCE-ID, and the libical provides the interface:
"icalcomponent_get_recurrenceid ( )".  The rid can be used in the function "e_cal_get_object ( )" to specify the rid of the icalcomponent. But the libical doesn't provide example of the usage of RECURRENCE-ID. I'm puzzled by the functions of RECURRENCE-ID.
Rfc2445 has provided the recurrence component properties like recurrence rule, recurrence date/time, Exception rule...
These are enough to describe a repeating component.
Can anybody give me a use case that the RECURRENCE-ID must be used?

YangLin

K a p p a \ A N D 1 \ R e e b o k 全 长 场 9 9 元
耐 克 \ 阿 迪 \ 李 宁 … 所 有 运 动 单 品 1 9 9 元 封 顶 , 限 时 抢 购 啦 !