Re: [Evolution-hackers] The Junk folder & API

On Sun, 2005-05-29 at 15:30 +0200, MDK wrote:
> Dnia 29-05-2005, nie o godzinie 18:43 +0530, Not Zed napisał(a):
>
> > The information is also stored in the X-Evolution header.  So you have
> > full access to the junk flag, even if you only parse the mailbox.
>
> Hmm... it looks pretty scary. I've got:

If a hexadecimal number looks scary - well ...

It is so the header is always the same length, so flag changes don't
require a full mailbox rewrite, just a seek and a short write.

> ... for an example spam message, and

> ... for a good message. Is this a bit-flag structure?

The first bit is a 32 bit number - the unique id of the message.  Every
message will have a unique number which will never change for that
message.

The second bit is a bitfield, yes (16 bits).  I presume beagle already
parses this in some form anyway (e.g. for deleted flag), the junk flag
is just another flag.

The actual bit values are published in the camel apis, in
camel-folder-summary.h i think.