Re: [Evolution-hackers] The Junk folder & API

On Sat, 2005-05-28 at 17:26 -0400, Joe Shaw wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 2005-05-28 at 23:03 +0200, MDK wrote:
> > I'd like to improve the evolution-mail indexing feature of Beagle
> > (www.beaglewiki.org) to support the Junk folder (so that "spam" e-mails
> > in Evolution would not get indexed in Beagle). I'm wondering how one can
> > check (outside of evolution) if a mail message belongs to "Spam" or not.
>
> As it stands today, Beagle does not use any Evolution APIs for mail.
>
> For local mail Beagle parses only the mbox file, and Evo stores the
> flags inside the summary.  So Beagle can't get at this info for local
> mailboxes.

The information is also stored in the X-Evolution header.  So you have
full access to the junk flag, even if you only parse the mailbox.

You don't have access to things like labels and colours though, which
aren't written to the X-Evolution header anymore - for performance
reasons.