Re: [Evolution-hackers] Attaching remote files

Jayant,

It wont be nice for a user to have everything typed and still the send button disabled. You can cancel downloading by removing the (downloading) attachment. Probably it isnt intuitive. I can put-up 'Stop downloading' in the r-click menu instead of 'Remove'. But even then, it doesnt make sense to disable 'Send' button.

>>If a user had asked for some file to be attached, it means that (s)he >>wants to "Really" attach the file.
Yeah true jayant. But if the bandwidth is too slow, (s)he may want to put the link and instead of the attachment and send the mail. In that case the easiest may be to just click 'Send' and say 'Dont wait' which cancels all downloads and sends the mail. But in your case, he/she has to cancel each download and the send buttons gets enabled and the mail would be send.  It might not be much usable, IMHO.

-Srini

>>> Jayant Balraj Madavi 05/25/05 1:55 PM >>>
Suggestion:

If a user had asked for some file to be attached, it means that (s)he wants to "Really" attach the file.
Asynchronous download is pefectly fine, but "SEND" and other button should be disbaled. Only cancel button should be enabled. or may be have one button like "CANCEL DOWNLOADING" :)

Regards,
Jayant

>>> "Srinivasa Ragavan" <sragavan novell com> 05/25/05 7:28 AM >>>
JP,

It pops out a message, asking whether to send the message without the attachment or wait.

-Srini

On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 02:22 -0600, Srinivasa Ragavan wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Next time when a url is DnD into the composer attachment bar, it just
> downloads asynchronously and gonna display like this.
>
> http://gnomebangalore.org/~sragavan/remote.png
>
> Its committed to head. Post me if have any comments. I would love to
> make it further better :-).

What happens if the user tries to send before the download is complete?

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>
Novell, Inc.