Re: [Evolution-hackers] Python plugin interface?

For your enjoyment, i've just committed work which allows plugin drivers
to become plugins themselves.  I've moved the mono extender to be a
plugin to demonstrate/test the idea, although i haven't tested it a lot.
See plugins/mono for an example.

But basically you just setup a library plugin like normal and add a
hook:

 <hook classid="org.gnome.evolution.plugin.type:1.0">
   <plugin-type get-type="get_type_function"/>
 </hook>

Where the get-type parameter is the name of the function which returns
the GType of the plugin that you would normally register.

You should be able to actually add a plugin type in this way and any
hooks that use it, in the same plugin; although i can't really see a
reason you'd want to do that :)

I've yet to update the docs to reflect this stuff.