Re: [Evolution-hackers] Firefox style search bar in evolution

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 15:42 -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 11:35 -0700, Tom Duffy wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 13:15 -0400, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> > It is going to stay C-f for now for Forward. Find in Message is C-A-f in
> > the new menu layout. We were originally planning on making it C-f for
> > Find, but too many people complained, so we compromised to just make C-s
> > not be Find. C-s in the new menu layout, is for Save.
>
> How about "/" for find just like every other sane app ;-)

That would be fine.  Unix people are used to "/", while Firefox users
and anyone who came from a Windows background will expect Ctrl-F.  But
*no one* will expect Ctrl-S, or (god forbid) Ctrl-Alt-anything.

No one?  ctrl-s makes perfect sense to me, that is what emacs uses.

Doesn't anyone care about the principle of least surprise?  Or do you
really expect users to read the manual to discover the key bindings?

Lee