Re: [Evolution-hackers] Firefox style search bar in evolution

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 11:46 -0400, Bryan Clark wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 23:47 -0600, Srinivasa Ragavan wrote:
> > I guess that i hides when the click /focus goes out of the bar.. is
> > that so?
>
> Yeah, the behavior works like this.  Ctrl-F shows the bar with focus
> in the entry.  Typing auto incrementally searchings for the first
> match.  Once you stop typing you can cycle through successive matches
> by pressing enter.  When you click somewhere else and the find bar
> loses focus it auto-hides itself.  If you press Ctrl-F again the find
> bar reappears with the old text remaining in the entry, but selected
> so you could start typing new text without having to select and
> delete.

How do you forward a message now?

IMO Ctrl-F for Forward was a horrible usability problem anyway, 99% of
users expect it to mean Find.  I still hit Ctrl-F most of the time, then
have to close the windows that pops up and hit Ctrl-S.  Ugh.

Lee