Re: [Evolution-hackers] Firefox style search bar in evolution

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 11:35 -0700, Tom Duffy wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 13:15 -0400, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> > It is going to stay C-f for now for Forward. Find in Message is C-A-f in
> > the new menu layout. We were originally planning on making it C-f for
> > Find, but too many people complained, so we compromised to just make C-s
> > not be Find. C-s in the new menu layout, is for Save.
>
> How about "/" for find just like every other sane app ;-)

That would be fine.  Unix people are used to "/", while Firefox users
and anyone who came from a Windows background will expect Ctrl-F.  But
*no one* will expect Ctrl-S, or (god forbid) Ctrl-Alt-anything.

Doesn't anyone care about the principle of least surprise?  Or do you
really expect users to read the manual to discover the key bindings?

Lee