Re: [Evolution-hackers] Firefox style search bar in evolution
- From: Rodney Dawes <dobey novell com>
- To: Lee Revell <rlrevell joe-job com>
- Cc: evolution-hackers lists ximian com, Not Zed <notzed ximian com>, Srinivasa Ragavan <sragavan novell com>, Bryan Clark <bclark redhat com>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution-hackers] Firefox style search bar in evolution
- Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 13:15:59 -0400
It is going to stay C-f for now for Forward. Find in Message is C-A-f in
the new menu layout. We were originally planning on making it C-f for
Find, but too many people complained, so we compromised to just make C-s
not be Find. C-s in the new menu layout, is for Save.
On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 12:14 -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 12:05 -0400, Bryan Clark wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 11:53 -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> > > How do you forward a message now?
> > >
> > > IMO Ctrl-F for Forward was a horrible usability problem anyway, 99% of
> > > users expect it to mean Find. I still hit Ctrl-F most of the time, then
> > > have to close the windows that pops up and hit Ctrl-S. Ugh.
> > Hmm, I'd ask the evolution usability experts to figure out that
> > keybinding problem.
> Ctrl-F -> Find, Shift-Ctrl-F -> Forward makes more sense than the
> current behavior. I don't know about you but I use Find 100x more often
> than Forward.
] [Thread Prev