Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: UI changes for exchange

On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 20:27 +0530, Amish Munshi wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 13:48 +0530, Sarfraaz Ahmed wrote:
> > Yeah, there are quite a few which are for exchange, like ... Change
> > exchange password, subscribe/unsubscribe folders, Folder Size, Out of
> > office, Delegation, folder permissions, add-to/remove-from favourites.
> > May be even disabling the menu items if the account is not active sounds
> > like a good idea. A few of these operations might get executed only when
> > a exchange folder is selected anyway. So, i was thinking that we could
> > have plugins for getting the folder context and perform these operations.
> >

> Change exchange password. That grabs my attention.Currently there is no
> way to modify the Active Directory / Exchange password from a Linux
> Desktop. It will be a value add feature.
>
> On a windows box users can press CTRL+ALT+Delete and change password on
> a AD. No Simple solution exists on NLD.

If there's really no way to change an AD password from the Linux
desktop, the mailer seems like the wrong place to put it.  Wouldn't this
change the users password for the entire directory?  Seems like this
should live in the top level System->Administration (or maybe
Preferences) menu.

Lee