Re: [Evolution-hackers] Marcus Bains Line in calendar

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 21:45:28 +0100, Rodney Dawes <dobey novell com> wrote:
> I think keeping the line always is a sound default, though it would be
> better if the line were less intrusive. My suggestion would be to not
> draw the line in the time area, and to use bg[PRELIGHT] for the line
> that gets drawn through the day views.

I like having both lines, because it allows me to find the day-view
line without knowing what day it is.  If the day-view line were the
only one, I'd definitely want the color to be configurable, as my
personal preference is that it stand out.

If  whether to show the line is controlled by a hidden gconf key, the
two lines could be enabled separately.  Someone editing the key
directly isn't likely to be bothered by the extra option.  Going down
that path a bit further, perhaps the colors of the line(s) should be
hidden keys with reasonable defaults.

> I also agree with the comments that Michael Zucchi made regarding the
> patch, if they have not been resolved.

I've changed the key from an int to a boolean.  As for adding a schema
entry, I assume that is just a change to
apps_evolution_calendar.schemas.in.in?  (I'm a gnome neophyte.  I'm
mostly just scratching an itch with this.)

Ray Jones