Re: [Evolution-hackers] DBus port of EDS

On Mon, 2005-08-15 at 10:56 +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 18:00 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
> > Absolustely not ... Evolution will still be using bonobo directly to
> > talk to EDS.

> I've only really looked into the address book component, but that only
> uses the published libebook API.  I know this, as I've been using an
> DBus libebook for some time now...  The importers and a few other minor
> components are Bonobo, but everything else in wrapped in EBook.
>
> I believe the calendar is the same.  Are there any other parts of
> Evolution which directly access EDS via the Bonobo interfaces?

Yes. libecal is very much similar to libebook in this respect.
Not camel (which is part of eds too).
I am also looking for some hard data on the performance of dbus Vs
Bonobo. (hopefully, I will get on to this right after the Hard Code
Freeze).

I would certainly like to have this upstream in a branch. Any
thoughts ??

Harish