Re: [Evolution-hackers] Send/Receive in the Toolbar

On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 12:32 -0400, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> The tests were actually to create a new mail. "Send this file to person
> foo bar com". People would click on Send/Receive thinking that was how
> you "sent mail" to people. They were expecting the composer window to
> pop up, so that they could send mail.

Then this means the user inspected all the buttons on the toolbar,
skipped past [New] (understandably, it's far too generic), and went for
the next most likely thing.

It sounds like we're blaming [Send / Receive] for [New]'s failing. I'm
with Calum, this whole issue is mistargeted, and the Human Interfaces
group should focus on why [New] isn't working.

(BTW, an alternate name for [Send / Receive] would be [Transfer Mail].
However, no matter what you call it, the usability problem will still
remain, as [New]'s functionality is not obvious.)

Ray