Re: [Evolution-hackers] Performance with Exchange 2003

On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 00:22 -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 09:26 +0530, Not Zed wrote:
> A search for "" is alway optimised anyway, it doesn't actually perform
> any comparisons.

Then where does the *massive* speedup come from?  Have you actually
tried my patch?

I haven't so far; for starters it doesn't maintain all the functionality.  But I did try to recreate the slowness you were fixing - so i had something to compare to.  I can't really see it myself, it doesn't seem any slower changing to the unread vfolder vs any other folder, and most of the time doing either is building the nodes for the etreemodel.

I guess you must have some other option set that I don't, which is why i'm not seeing this speed problem.  e.g. hiding deleted messages, or some other view option.  Or a particularly large message set? (>200K)  Or lots of folders? (>100)  Or a slow machine/with little memory?