Re: [Evolution-hackers] Performance with Exchange 2003

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 09:53 -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 13:33 +0200, Anders Näslund wrote:
> I have about 1600 messages in my Exchange 2003 inbox with a flow of
> 20-30 new per day.
> Takes about 5 sec to load.
> Since the Exchange connector relay's heavily on the OWA mechanism and
> by that http/https....have You checked that Your name resolution is
> working ok?
> Is the server in the same network as You are or are You connecting
> over the Internet?
> How is performance if You connect using Your browser?

Evolution has a bug in the search bar where all messages will be
searched for a null string, if the text entry field is empty.  This
absolutely kills performance, because among other things it prevents any
incremental rendering of the message list (every single header of every
message will be checked before displaying anything at all).

It doesn't actually affect incremental rendering of the message list ... that is etable's fault.

A search for "" is alway optimised anyway, it doesn't actually perform any comparisons.

I posted a fix last week, see the archives.

Lee