Re: [gene-pool] String freeze breaks in Evolution parts (was Re: [Evolution-hackers] Merge from head to gnome-2-8 branch.)
- From: JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>
- To: Not Zed <notzed ximian com>
- Cc: Danilo Šegan <danilo gnome org>, Radek Doulík <rodo novell com>, Evolution Hackers mailing list <evolution-hackers lists ximian com>, gene-pool lists ximian com, gnome-i18n gnome org, release-team gnome org
- Subject: Re: [gene-pool] String freeze breaks in Evolution parts (was Re: [Evolution-hackers] Merge from head to gnome-2-8 branch.)
- Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 00:41:57 -0400
On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 09:31 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
> Evolution 2.0.0 is released, this is the next version.
> On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 03:13 +0200, Danilo Šegan wrote:
> > Hi Radek, "Not Zed",
> > All of gtkhtml, evolution and eds are still string-frozen. I see 3
> > new/changed messages in Evolution. I haven't checked gtkhtml.
> > Just as UI freeze is not lifted, so string-freeze isn't either.
> > Translators and documentors are not very good at playing catch-up all
> > the time. Another release is in 6 months, so if it's not really
> > something essential (enough that you're willing to go through
> > http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/tasks.html#ApprovingFreezeBreaks),
> > we'd rather wait for it these 6 months. Of course, it may be
> > something really important, but then you need to follow the procedure
> > and convince us that it is.
So two things going on here, the first is that I guess I wasn't clear
enough about this in:
The second, Danilo, is that we didn't realized this requirement until
after we'd committed a few string change for 2.0.1. Two of the string
changes add accelerators, if this is an issue we can revert that. The
third string is a work around for the fact that GtkFileChooser can only
chooser a directory or a file, unlike GtkFileSel which could do both at
the same time.
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>
] [Thread Prev