Re: [Evolution-hackers] "Edit As New Message"

Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
the rationale is:

- if it's not sent by you, then you shouldn't be editing it

What is your reasoning?

- evolution's composer is not capable of handling all mime structures
(it's an impossible task)

also, there exists an option Actions->Forward->Redirect for at least
some of the needs you brought up.

a possible work-around for your "I store my sent mail and/or templates
in other fodlers sometimes" could be to tag them with the \Drafts flag
and have Evolution check that rather than simply limiting to Sent/Drafts
folders for "Edit as New" functionality.

Another thing that I've seen many people using "Edit as New" for is saving messages after removing large attachments. Is there another way to do this?

Jon