Re: [Evolution-hackers] Exchange Connector documentation/overview ?

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 14:09, Not Zed wrote:
> "you probably don't want to do that".
>
> Things have changed in 2.2, and there are more extension
> possibilities.  For mail you still need to implement a
> CamelStore/Provider/Transport/etc, but the configuration/account stuff
> is a bit of a hack in connector.

Are the Camel stuff all defined in nice idl files?

> So given connector is such a mess (i can say that since i never worked
> on it, and i'm prone to saying things like that about stuff i didn't
> work on - *shrug*), you might not want to use it as the starting
> point.

Hmm... I need to be able to provide the Brutus plugin as a stand-alone
component like the connector since it will be distributed outside of the
main Evolution distribution. Will anything but a design that looks like
"the mess" in connector enable me to do that?

> I don't know, for mail i guess could start looking at implementing a
> CamelStore.  Some of thats a bit of a mess too (i can say that since i
> did work on it and i know it is), but not an impossible mess - and
> there are more examples of it in the source tree at least.

So you are basically saying that I should look at the current CVS
version and start from there?

Thanks,
  jules