Re: [Evolution-hackers] Exchange Connector documentation/overview ?

"you probably don't want to do that".

Things have changed in 2.2, and there are more extension possibilities.  For mail you still need to implement a CamelStore/Provider/Transport/etc, but the configuration/account stuff is a bit of a hack in connector.

So given connector is such a mess (i can say that since i never worked on it, and i'm prone to saying things like that about stuff i didn't work on - *shrug*), you might not want to use it as the starting point.

I don't know, for mail i guess could start looking at implementing a CamelStore.  Some of thats a bit of a mess too (i can say that since i did work on it and i know it is), but not an impossible mess - and there are more examples of it in the source tree at least.