Re: [Evolution-hackers] Mail VPaned vs. HPaned

On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 22:57 -0400, Daniel Gryniewicz wrote:
On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 10:17 +0800, Not Zed wrote:

> No i said it was useless unless a better message-list is implemented.
>
> > I think NotZed hinted that he'd approve a global option for this, and I
> > sort of agreed to implement it. I'll get around to it eventually :)

Hmmm... I use hpaned, and it works fine.  What do you think is required?
My only desire here would be for the message list to keep the currently
selected message centered on the pane, rather than 2-3 above the bottom.

Well it really needs a more flexible layout (i.e. copy outlook, again).  The layout already wastes scads of space horizontally, and if you have less room from a hpaned view it doesn't work.  Sure it works for wide-screen 1920x1440 displays, but although there are plenty of those, it might just confuse the coorporate desktop user where there aren't.

I think as it is now it just looks funny on a lot of displays.

--
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>
"born to die, live to work, it's all downhill from here"