Re: [Evolution-hackers] Mail VPaned vs. HPaned

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 14:05 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 22:57 -0400, Daniel Gryniewicz wrote:
> > On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 10:17 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
> > >
> > > No i said it was useless unless a better message-list is implemented.

> > Hmmm... I use hpaned, and it works fine.  What do you think is required?
> > My only desire here would be for the message list to keep the currently
> > selected message centered on the pane, rather than 2-3 above the bottom.
>
> Well it really needs a more flexible layout (i.e. copy outlook,
> again).  The layout already wastes scads of space horizontally, and if
> you have less room from a hpaned view it doesn't work.  Sure it works
> for wide-screen 1920x1440 displays, but although there are plenty of
> those, it might just confuse the coorporate desktop user where there
> aren't.
>
> I think as it is now it just looks funny on a lot of displays.

Well, it works fine in my 1680x1050, which isn't *that* small.  I really
have no problem with it being off by default, but it's definitely a
usefull feature as is.  I'm sure it could be more useful.  Is the fact
that it's not perfect a reason not to include it?  (Merely curious)  At
any rate, I'll keep patching my evo...

Daniel