Re: [Evolution-hackers] usage of C in evolution
- From: Not Zed <notzed ximian com>
- To: Craig Ringer <craig postnewspapers com au>
- Cc: Stan Pinte <stanpinte fastmail fm>, Liste Dev Evolution <evolution-hackers lists ximian com>, Jérôme Warnier <jwarnier beeznest net>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution-hackers] usage of C in evolution
- Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 22:26:33 +0800
I'll follow up by talking to myself - which woudn't be the first time.
I would _really like_ to be able to have evo extensibility, particularly in a way which allowed additional languages to be used (even ones which we don't grok). Its still a bit of a way off - although certain things may be possible already. CORBA stuff like the importers are a primary candidate right now though.
On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 21:52 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
Yes indeed. Just trying to liven up the list. :)
But honestly - personal preference only - python is unacceptable to me. And if you can't have the core develpers writing the core app in their chosen language, you're kinda up the sticky brown bit of flowing water without a straight bit of wood, aren't you?
On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 21:37 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 20:43, Not Zed wrote:
> The problem with python is that it is a non-standard, toy kiddie
> language that makes pascal look advanced.
Mmm... I smell flamebait ;-)
I've had the misfortune to use Pascal (On MacOS 7, no less), so I can't
agree with you personally. *shudders*
] [Thread Prev