Re: [Evolution-hackers] Libsoup encode problem

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 10:25 +0800, Harry Lu wrote:
In Sun Java Calendar Server's wcap interface, it uses " in one of its field.

<>rrules -    this is a semicolon-seperated list of quoted Recurrence rule strings.  Each string represents a recurrence rule of the event.

A example:
http://jsun.mcom.com/storeevents.wcap?id=b5q2o8ve2rk02nv9t6&calid=jsun&uid=333&dtstart=19990301T112233Z&rrules="count%3D10%3Bfreq%3Ddaily";"freq%3Dweekly%3Bcount%3D4"&dtend=19990301T112233&summary=uuuu

When we use libsoup to send the URL, libsoup encodes the " in the rule, so the server cannot recognize this field correctly.  Yes, I admit the server is broken here. But do we have a way to not encode the URL?  If libsoup user have more control here, it will be more convenient.

BTW, in Java's URL API:
The URL class does not itself encode or decode any URL components according to the escaping mechanism defined in RFC2396. It is the responsibility of the caller to encode any fields, which need to be escaped prior to calling URL, and also to decode any escaped fields, that are returned from URL.
Old libsoup like 1.99.28 don't encode, either.

Well, no wonder their server is busted ...

But anyway sorry i dont know i was just trying to get some more useful info for someone who might.  Dan?

--
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>
"born to die, live to work, it's all downhill from here"