Re: [Evolution-hackers] Create task based on email

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 15:02, Sarfraaz Ahmed wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 14:23 +0200, Costin Cozan wrote:
> > On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 05:23, Not Zed wrote:
> > > creating tasks is one thing, creating links would be much much more
> > > difficult, as there is no remote abstraction for it at either end.
> >
> > this morning, i was reading this thread when i suddenly realized that i
> > just had this problem: i needed to link a task with a contact and with
> > an email. Something that would go like this:
> >
> > when i open the email, i should notice that a task is linked somehow,
> > and reverse, when i check the task to see to what exactly email it may
> > reference. The email is already pointing to the contact ( the From: ),
> > but the task not, so i have no other option to duplicate each time the
> > Name and the Telefon in the subject of the task. Moreon, when i open a
> > contact, i can't tell which tasks are related, except searching in the
> > task for his name.
> >

> How about having the mail to be attached to the task and the subject
> of the mail used as the task summary ?? Having the information of
> where and how you created a particular object [ contact/task etc ]
> sounds more like the "beagle" project.

well, that would be an option. But, i can tell from my experience, the
most customers are very confused about what they want and the
subject/content of email is far away from i am _really_ suppose to do
:)). But, I'm nitpicking here.

Yes, that would be at least a start.

--
Costin Cozan <costin webport de>