Re: [Evolution-hackers] Create task based on email

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 14:23 +0200, Costin Cozan wrote:
On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 05:23, Not Zed wrote:
> creating tasks is one thing, creating links would be much much more
> difficult, as there is no remote abstraction for it at either end.

this morning, i was reading this thread when i suddenly realized that i
just had this problem: i needed to link a task with a contact and with
an email. Something that would go like this:

when i open the email, i should notice that a task is linked somehow,
and reverse, when i check the task to see to what exactly email it may
reference. The email is already pointing to the contact ( the From: ),
but the task not, so i have no other option to duplicate each time the
Name and the Telefon in the subject of the task. Moreon, when i open a
contact, i can't tell which tasks are related, except searching in the
task for his name.

How about having the mail to be attached to the task and the subject of the mail used as the task summary ?? Having the information of where and how you created a particular object [ contact/task etc ] sounds more like the "beagle" project.

As i am quite not so actual with the code of evolution, i don't know
what exactly such a "object" linking/referencing would imply. Let the
better ones speak their pro/contra arguments. In my view, such an
option/feature would be quite neat...i could be wrong too.

of course, this should not be seen as a replacement for a real request
tracker, but that would make at least me impressively productive, and
that's a very good point for the PHBs in my company to move on
linux/evolution.

have a nice day!
Costin Cozan