Re: [Evolution-hackers] Create task based on email

creating tasks is one thing, creating links would be much much more difficult, as there is no remote abstraction for it at either end.

On Mon, 2004-07-05 at 11:30 +0000, DANIELLLANO wrote:
Celso Pinto wrote:
> I really need a feature on Evolution that allows me to create a new task
> based on the contents of an email.
> It should work like this: I receive an email, right-click with mouse on
> it, choose Create task and the "New task" Dialog pops up with the
> contents of the email on it's description field (only text).
> One other way, yet harder, would be to implement some kind of "symlink"
> between a task and an email.
>
> Because I want this available, I'm more than willing to do some coding,
> but I'm having some trouble finding out where to start, so I have some
> questions:
> 1) where can I find the "Task" struct?
> 2) how do I create a new task dialog? Should I signal some kind of
> Evolution service saying "i'd like to create a new task dialog and
> here's the contents" or can I execute some function that popup's up the
> New task-dialog?
> 3) Where can I find documentation about how the different pieces of
> evolution are put together, if there is one. Any UML?
>
> I'd really appreciate it if anyone can help me with these questions.

I'm looking for something similar to this.

When I send an email (I start a thread or topic) I want evolution to keep
me informed to changes of that thread of tell me something if there's no
response in a period of time.

So, maybe what we need is some kind of tracker that can link emails with
tasks and the calendar.