[Evolution-hackers] Re: Selecting/Unselecting Sources

On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 22:10 -0500, JP Rosevear wrote:
> Basically the UI for showing/hiding calendar sources and selecting a
> primary source sucks pretty bad.  It allows inconsistencies in the UI.
> I've been playing around with this a bit and keep coming up with two
> issues:
>
> 1. Does it make sense to allow a "primary" calendar (the one
> highlighted) to not be checked (shown in the view to the right).  What
> does Apple's Ical do?

hmm, good question, since that primary calendar will be used as the
default for a lot of operations, while not being selected, which could
make the user think her new appointment wasn't saved, since it wont show
up in the calendar views.

> 2. When checking/unchecking a calendar, should you be forced to select
> the row you are toggling?

I think not, if possible at all.

cheers