[Evolution-hackers] Selecting/Unselecting Sources

Basically the UI for showing/hiding calendar sources and selecting a
primary source sucks pretty bad.  It allows inconsistencies in the UI.
I've been playing around with this a bit and keep coming up with two
issues:

1. Does it make sense to allow a "primary" calendar (the one
highlighted) to not be checked (shown in the view to the right).  What
does Apple's Ical do?

2. When checking/unchecking a calendar, should you be forced to select
the row you are toggling?

In order not to force the selection in 2 we probably need to override
the selection stuff in gtk tree view (because this seems to be the way
it works).  We could probably bold the "primary" calendar in this case
(similar to how the mailer does things.  This would mean the addressbook
would do this as well.  This would also allow us to do the colors better
I think, since the highlight area would not draw over the colors.

Any thoughts?

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com>