[Evolution-hackers] Re: Selecting/Unselecting Sources

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 01:40, Hans Petter Jansson wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 21:10, JP Rosevear wrote:
> > Basically the UI for showing/hiding calendar sources and selecting a
> > primary source sucks pretty bad.  It allows inconsistencies in the UI.
> > I've been playing around with this a bit and keep coming up with two
> > issues:
> >
> > 1. Does it make sense to allow a "primary" calendar (the one
> > highlighted) to not be checked (shown in the view to the right).  What
> > does Apple's Ical do?
>
> I think it should be ok for it to not be checked, but we can treat it as
> if it was, as long as it's highlighted. I think this is what the user
> expects when he highlights it. If we check a source when it gets
> highlighted, you'll end up with most of your sources checked most of the
> time, which can be annoying.

The main issue I see with this is that you will create meetings that
will disappear the moment you finish creating them (unless "primary"
implies both displayed and default, which is a little inconsistent).

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com>
Ximian, Inc.