Re: [Evolution-hackers] evolution plugins/extensions

> > You can add whole new components (i.e. 'mail' or 'calendar' are
> > components), or you can add certain backends, like email backends and
> > addressbook backends.  But you can't add to menu's of the existing parts
> > currently.
>
> Hmm, that could work for some things I had in mind, maybe.

FWIW we really want to add the kind of extensibility you're after, but
we haven't had the time/or design yet.  Perhaps post 2.0 it can happen.

Already there are hooks in the mailer (at least) that could be extended
with a little extra effort to customise and extend the context menu's,
for example.

> > You could probably write it in any language but you'd need C or C-
> > compatible glue.
>
> Any pointers to somewhere in CVS I could look for a pointer to a starting
> place for this glue?

Well if you're going the component route, you basically just need a
bonobo implementation, I think.  Did the C#/mono one ever get done?

Other than that, i guess it depends on what the language you're using
supports.