[Evolution-hackers] evolution plugins/extensions

Sent this yesterday but it never seemed to send...

I was wondering if it was possible to write "plugins/extensions" for evolution ( either the 1.4.x series or 1.5.x ).

At work we currently have a product that plugs into Microsoft outlook, adding an item on the toolbar for sending SMS messages, showing an addressbook that contains a filtered list of contacts that have mobile phones listed.

Also, if such extensions can be written, do they have to be written in C ? Or could one write an extension in C#/Mono or language-of-choice ( I'm assuming anything that could create a Bonobo component? )

Thanks in advance,
Mark

--
Discouragement is a dissatisfaction with the past, a distaste for the
present, and a distrust of the future - Maree De Jong, CLCA.