Re: [Evolution-hackers] Post-to header implementation

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 16:22, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> > Post To: [ Add folder ] [ alt.support.gnome.recovery,
> > saved-news-postings      ]
>
> My vision was for the Post-To label to become a button like the To/Cc
> buttons

Ah, of course. DOH. What was I thinking again.. Naturally, lets make it
like the other fields on the composer.

> > So the "Add folder" can be used several times to add stuff?
>
> this would be my preference...
>

> > Could it autocomplete from the newsgroup list and folders? That would
> > be awesome. Otherwise it looks nice.
>
> I think this would be too much to expect from Meilof for Monday :-)

Yea, I agree. The bounty is fine without even, given the time
constraints, but if folks feel like hacking further, that'd rock.

> no, doesn't do this... Post-To can actually be used to post a message
> into a local or IMAP folder too (not that anyone else is likely to see
> it, but they might if the imap folder is shared for example).

Right. What if the user wants to send to a newsgroup and also cc: to an
email address, does the composer do the right thing then and use the
correct accounts for sending? I dont know much how NNTP works behind the
scenes..

> > Also, is it a bad idea to have also the Cc: field viewable through the
> > View-menu? I think some apps allow you to cc: a mail account while
> > sending to newsgroups? I dont know if that is crack though, is it a
> > good ide?
>
> the current code can't handle sending to both a folder and an address,
> but I think to make people happy, evolution will have to handle sending
> to both.

Oh right, here you answer me already.

OK, I think it would be important to allow this, a lot of possible cases
come to mind where one might want to do this: Posting to a newsgroup and
Cc:ing a friend who doesnt read news etc..

Tuomas

--
Tuomas Kuosmanen :: Art Director, Ximian :: <tigert ximian com>