[Evolution-hackers] concept question

Hello All you wonderful hackers,

Happy new Year!

I have a two part question, food for thought so to speak.

part 1)
	Suppose we have an IMAP account configured. How difficult would it be
to add a button to the filters dialog that would allow one to push the
filters file (I believe it's an XML file) onto an IMAP server in, for
example, a specialially designated IMAP folder that is created during
the process?

part 2)
	How modular is the code that performs the filtering. Is it a self
contained lib? Could it easily made available to other projects, say to
be added as a plugin to courier/cyrus-imap.

My thougths are to have "Exchange-like" ability for offline filtering,
and I think this would be the fastest and most simple approach.

This is something that in the next few months I would really like the
oppertunity to investigate. I believe it would add a special touch to
the evolution offerings. I would more or less like to know if it is a
sound proposition.

Thanks for your time,

Ray Auge