Re: [Evolution-hackers] Confirm on move folders?

On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 21:58, Antony Stubbs wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 14:52, guenther wrote:
> > Anthony, you snipped the part, where I agreed with you (and some other
> > hackers) that an option to force confirmation of moving folders (or even
> > mails) would be a good idea.
> >
> > It can prevent unintended heavy loads. Think of moving a local archive
> > folder to the IMAP server on the other end of a slow connection...
> >

> > > Perhaps only
> > > pop-up when there's over a certain number of emails within the folder?
> > > say 10?
> >
> > Personally I would tend to raise that number to about 100 or limit it by
> > size instead of count, but that is only a feeling. This sounds like a
> > very good idea to me, though.
>
> I get the feeling that when you move a folder, evolution copies each
> mail individually and the deletes the original. Is this correct? Is the
> IMAP "standard" capable of sending commands like the client sending
> "Move folder foo into folder bar" and have the entire move done on
> server-side? Obviously this would be much more efficient - but I'm
> guessing IMAP can't do that?

Evolution uses the RENAME IMAP command when moving IMAP folders to a new
location within the same IMAP Store, however... if one was to move a
folder not belonging to that IMAP Store into that IMAP Store (or a
folder in that IMAP Store out of that IMAP Store), then we must copy
messages individually.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast