Re: [Evolution-hackers] Confirm on move folders?

Just some quick words here.

First of all: A "dodgy" mouse is a hardware issue. Should any
application really implement workarounds for broken hardware?

That said: Accidentally moving mails or (much worse!) folders on IMAp
accounts sounds like an issue to deal with. An *option* to force
confirmation for such actions will prevent accidentally moving.

> > > What I propose is a switch in preferences that you can turn on/off
> > > 'confirm on move folder' or something?
> >
> > Really, the correct proposal here is "add a proper Undo facility" :o)
>
> The undoability isn't the issue (all you have to do is drag it back),
> the problem is that it's a nuisance either way to have to undo it, and
> it's a nuisance with lots of network latency either way.

I too don't think, an undo function may help at all. Well, all the mails
have to moved again...

> I accidentally drag folders sometimes too, but never far enough to
> actually move them. I just get a "you can't move a folder into itself"
> dialog instead of the folder actually moving.

Heh, I know this one. And I sometimes accidentally *start* moving
folders, but I never actually moved it. There is visible feedback while
moving, and pressing ESC does cancel this action.

This sure is not possible with broken hardware, which may lead to the
cursor jumping right before releasing the mouse button. Again, this is a
hardware issue IMHO.

...guenther  (currently in lurking mode)