Re: [Evolution-hackers] Confirm on move folders?

On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 14:52, guenther wrote:
> Anthony, you snipped the part, where I agreed with you (and some other
> hackers) that an option to force confirmation of moving folders (or even
> mails) would be a good idea.
>
> It can prevent unintended heavy loads. Think of moving a local archive
> folder to the IMAP server on the other end of a slow connection...
>

> > Perhaps only
> > pop-up when there's over a certain number of emails within the folder?
> > say 10?
>
> Personally I would tend to raise that number to about 100 or limit it by
> size instead of count, but that is only a feeling. This sounds like a
> very good idea to me, though.

I get the feeling that when you move a folder, evolution copies each
mail individually and the deletes the original. Is this correct? Is the
IMAP "standard" capable of sending commands like the client sending
"Move folder foo into folder bar" and have the entire move done on
server-side? Obviously this would be much more efficient - but I'm
guessing IMAP can't do that?

--
Tony.

ICQ: 17046577