Re: [Evolution-hackers] Old thoughts on the "self" contact

On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 08:22, Chris Toshok wrote:

> You can still rm the file/directory, but e-d-s shouldn't allow the
> deletion of the calendar/addressbook.  I mean, why would you ever want
> to?

If you used contacts stored server-side, such as a read/write LDAP
directory. Evolution doesn't support writing to LDAP at present, but if
it later does it would be desirable to delete the local contacts. Users
are easily confused by the empty, unused local 'Inbox' etc, and the same
would go for server-side contacts.

Craig Ringer