Re: [Evolution-hackers] Old thoughts on the "self" contact

Hi Chris,

A couple of questions
On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 23:40, Chris Toshok wrote:
> Back in November, Ettore, JPR, and I talked about the self entry.  In an
> effort to let everyone know what we talked about (and to see what we
> might be able to get in to the UI for 2.0), here's the list.  I'll
> respond to this mail with some status about what we've implemented, etc.
>
> Chris
>
> ---
>

>       * Operations possible on the "me" vcard:
>               * The "me" vcard can't be deleted.
Where would the "me" card be stored? In 1.5 you can currently delete any
addressbook including the default (Personal).
>               * The user can add, remove or modify email addresses in
>                 the "me" vcard.
Can all the other fields (Address, Phone, Fax, etc.) of the contact be
edited?

>       * When user configures an email account:
>               * If there is no "me" vcard, it adds one with name and
>                 email address.
What if the Personal addressbook or even all the local addressbooks have
been deleted?

Is the Full name entered in the account settings saved in the vCard as
the FN: attribute? What if I add a 2nd account that has a different Full
Name?
>               * If there is a "me" vcard, it adds the email address.
what if different addresses are entered for the Email and the Reply-To:
address's of the account ?
>               * If there is a vcard with the same email address, we ask
>                 the user if he wants to use that as his "me" account
>                 after showing its contents.
What if the user already has "me" vcard and adds a 2nd account with an
address that matches an other existing vcard?

>       * When user changes email account:
>               * It updates the "me" vcard accordingly.
Does this include changes to the Full name field in the account
settings?

>       * When user deletes email account:
>               * If the address is in the "me" vcard, we ask the user if
>                 he wants to remove it.
What if all accounts are deleted (unlikely but possible) do we remove
the "me" vcard?