Re: [Evolution-hackers] Old thoughts on the "self" contact

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 11:40, Tim Lee wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 18:59, Chris Toshok wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 13:54, Tim Lee wrote:
> > > Hi Chris,

> > > Where would the "me" card be stored? In 1.5 you can currently delete any
> > > addressbook including the default (Personal).
> >
> > The "me" card would be in the local address book.  I consider it a bug
> > that you can remove, honestly.  I mean there are some forms of deletion
> > (rm -r ~/.evolution) we can't provide a defense against, but e-d-s can
> > refuse to remove the local/system contact folder.
> >

> Hi JP,
>
> Any decision yet on whether people should be allowed to delete the
> default local Personal calendar/tasks/contacts folders? It seems like
> not having a default folder is just going to cause problems. Since they
> can rename it anyway I'm thinking we should not let them delete it.

Well with Toshok's new API bits, the system calendar will always exist
even if its not shown to the user.  I'm not sure what to think about
enforcing non-deletion, seems reasonable I guess, however with clients
other than evolution it can be erased anyhow as it stands right now.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com>
Ximian, Inc.